I didn't really set out to make a screen-accurate gown here...more an 'inspired by' look.
Fabrics: The main gown fabric is a really thick high-quality home decor fabric given to me by a friend a few years ago. I had just enough on the roll to make one or two gowns, so I've been careful about using it. It is several shades darker than the screen-worn gown, but it is soft and has a pretty shimmer. The sleeve ruffles are made of organza and chiffon...I alrealy had this as well. The only purchased fabric was for the underskirt, which is turquoise silk dupioni I found half-off at Hancocks. The flowers were made using mango-pink and pastel pink satin and chiffon.
Trims, etc.: The trim was made by gathering strips of beige tulle, then sewing an organza trim on top. The trim around the cuffs is a pearl and sequin trim I found at Joannes on clearance. The flowers were fun to make! I actually found some spot-on vintage millinery flowers on ebay, but they were way out of my price range for this project. So I cut and gathered the petals, then sewed bugle and seed beads to the center for that little something extra. I'll also be making a flower fascinator using an extra flower plus an ostrich plume.
I have just enough trimming and fabric scraps left over to cover the shoes I found...thrift-shop mules for a buck.
This gown was just finished tonight (yay!), so hopefully I'll be able to take some nice photos in the near future, including the gown and all the accessories!!
Total cost for entire look: Less than $50. Thank goodness I keep all my scrap fabric!